[BCAB] Most accessible coding environment

Barry Toner Barry.Toner at clanmil.org.uk
Fri May 3 11:28:12 BST 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for that, I'll feed this back.

Barry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of David
Reynolds
Sent: 03 May 2013 11:22
To: 'BCAB Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [BCAB] Most accessible coding environment

Barry,

A rather tricky question. Visual Studio is fairly accessible using the
scripts from Jamal Mazrui. I can find the link if you're interested. For
languages such as Perl, ruby, and python, I reckon Eclipse is pretty
good.
I've also found Scite from Scintilla very good, provided you have it set
up correctly. All the environments I've mentioned have in common the
fact that they are development environments and code can be tested
within the software.
Any further questions, shout.

Best regards,

David.