[BCAB] hifi dac

Tony tony at seeingear.org
Fri May 3 14:04:03 BST 2013

Hello Dvid
I had this problem some years ago when running my studio. I used a good
quality sound card with sp/dif optical out which I fed into a mini-disk
recorder and took the output to the amp. The light-pipe removed any
possibility of a ground loop and DAC quality was excellent. Not sure how you
could go digitally out of the Sony Vaio so if you find a good way please let
me know as I, too, use this for music storage ...
I notice quite a difference between mp3 and wav (not tried anything else).
BTW - noticed quite a few bits of kit (Mikes, PA systems) that work great
for soloists don't behave nearly as well when having to carry multiple
frequencies.

Regards

Tony Dart
The Seeing Ear