[BCAB] AUDIBLE BOOKS SITE

Steven Bingham steven.bingham1 at ntlworld.com
Sat May 4 17:47:38 BST 2013

I've just been hung up on by an Audible Costomer Service agent. This one got
upset because he couldn't understand why I couldn't use a mouse. I had
explained about screen readers but he apparently wasn't listening.

I have now established that there are inconsistency between the way the
link/menus work or don't work. I can get the menu on the Welcome (name) to
work by using the pass through key. However the Library menu does not come
up but by just pressing the space bar you get to all the relevant links and
the library. The shop Audible link/menu does not seem to work reliably.
Sometimes I get to a genre sometimes I get nowhere.

The help and advice info does appear on the screen but as far as I can work
out screen readers cannot read it. I suspect it is being placed on the
screen as an object containing text but the construction of the object hides
the text.

Does anyone have the slightest idea what Audible are using. I don't think it
is standard HTML5. I know that JAWS cannot handle all the new HTML5
elements.

Steve

Incidentally the tech term was 'buggering about' which might give some
offence.