[BCAB] YOUR HELP PLEASE

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Sat May 4 21:23:57 BST 2013

Hmm it's not a memory issue unless you're trying it with less than 1GB with some access tech!
The issue is not that the USB plug in would automatically find the piece of hardware - that sort of info isn't ubiquitous . The USB probably doesn't know what's been inserted, so fails to detect that you've connected a printer!
When you plugged the printer cable, I'm assuming you've connected to the web for your PC to search the drivers look up tables!
By the way after the processor change, does anything else work ok with that USB port? Sometimes, changing the internals does affect the bios configuration , as power distribution gets altered!
So I'd first check the USB port!
If that's ok, then it might be worth using the installer for the printer to check if a 32 bit machine is ok for installation - 64 bit architecture will support 32 bit components up to the component's maximum capability!
One other thing: you changed the processor . Does your OS registers this change? I mean that although your PC is now 64 bit capable, your OS needs the capability to work fully with this, or you'll miss out on the benefit of your upgrade !
HTH
Muzz

Sent from my iPhone