[BCAB] IPHONE 5 QUESTION

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Thu May 9 11:42:05 BST 2013

I think that provided the devices are sourced directly from Apple Triple Tap
will work as it should.
Unhelpfully some phone providers take it upon themselves to disable the easy
accessibility feature provided by Apple.
If you encounter this problem I suggest that you complain to the phone
provider. I think  they do this because of the occasional problem when a
sighted user trying to use app switcher turns on voiceover by mistake by
tapping more than twice.
It should be fairly easy to advise such people to repeat the triple tap.
However these providers , in order to make life easier for themselves,
choose to deliberately reinstitute a barrier for blind and low vision users
by removing the out of the box access feature provided by Apple.
Yu can, of course, get it back by using Itunes to turn Voiceover on, and
then amend settings, but that is not the point. Apple provided this feature
for ease of access to blind users and phone providers are consciously and
deliberately sabotaging it.
David Griffith

the