[BCAB] UK Cellular Telephone Enquiry

Brian Lingard b.lingard at sympatico.ca
Sun May 12 10:38:01 BST 2013

Ottawa Canada

Dear List:

>From within the UK and Northern Ireland where the Police
Emergency number is 999, will dialing 112 on your Cell phone also
ring them?

Reason why I am asking is here in Canada, the
Police/Fire/Ambulance emergency number is: 911 as in the USA.

However I discovered that dialing 112 effectively connects me to
them as well.  Apparently 112 is the Police Emergency Number used
outside of the USA, Canada and UK.

Please reply privately so as to not clutter the list.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard
E-mail: b.lingard at sympatico.ca
Tel: +1 (613) 247-0665
Mobile: +1 (613) 725-6602
New York, NY Tel: +1 (646) 797-2862
FAX: +1 (613) 247-9998
Skype: ve3yiab2ji15
This message composed using J-Say and Dragon Naturally Speaking.