[BCAB] Cable for Apple mini

Olaf Drümmer olaflist at callassoftware.com
Mon May 13 23:19:03 BST 2013

It will be best to simply get a cable from DisplayPort to VGA, from Apple. While adapters from other vendors may work, some do not work well. While 20 pound or whatever the price is in the UK for the Apple adapter looks more hefty than it should be it will save you grieve and time. Exception: if have buy from a Mac dealer you trust and he assures you that a less expensive cable works well.

Concatenating adapters - HFMI  to DVI, then DVI to VGA - probably won't work as somewhere a conversion from digital (HDMI or DVI) to analog (VGA) signal has to happen. Not all DVI to VGA adapters do this, especially not the cheap ones.

Olaf

Am 13 May 2013 um 15:26 schrieb jairaj.matharu at gmail.com:

> Paul,
>
> The serial type connector is a VGA connection.
> You'll have to buy a HDMI to DVI cable for the mac side, then a DVI to VGA cable for the monitor.
>
> Bear in mind VGA does not carry audio, so you'll need to change the settings on your mac.
>
> Jairaj
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 13 May 2013, at 14:18, "Paul Nugent" <Paul.Nugent at actionforblindpeople.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> It has the standard serial type monitor connector and USB, as far as I
>> can remember. I don't have the monitor with me unfortunately.
>>

>> Kind regards
>>
>> Paul Nugent
>> Assistive Technology Coordinator
>> Action for Blind People