[BCAB] NVDA and Aria Regions

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Sat May 18 08:35:15 BST 2013

I find nowadays that I used the Aria shortcut key as a useful navigation aid
on supported web pages like the BBC.
In Jaws, the shortcut key is semi colon
I tried to find similar functionality in NVDA.  Initially I Googled this
with out success and could not find it easily in the NVDA Help
documentation.

Turning NVDA keyboard help on and going through all the keys by trial and
error I have found that the aria landmark key in NVDA is D. this is actually
a more intuitive key than the Jaws use of semi colon.

I thought I would pass this on. I think most people will find the use of the
D key helpful using pages with  Aria landmarks such as the BBC useful.

David Griffith