[BCAB] Book Reader with eloquence TTS?

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Sun May 19 13:56:23 BST 2013

No they tried to do it but Nuance would not play ball with appropriate
licence terms.
Instead they are using vocaliser.
You can get a sort of Eloquence functionality by using the freely available
Outloud synthesiser from IBM which used to support Via voice. This was
freely available from the IBM web site and I found  it worked with NVDA with
a few glitches. It does not provide typing echo on capital letters until you
have typed the next letter which is a little odd.
Also I know of no way of using it with portable versions of NVDA as it is a
system install.
Also speechworks voices provided by Kurzweil work well.

David Griffith