[BCAB] Which IPhone

Tom Reid tom.reid21 at virginmedia.com
Mon May 20 19:18:49 BST 2013

Hi steve,

Thanks, will give it a look.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: 20 May 2013 16:03
To: 'BCAB Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [BCAB] Which IPhone

Hi Tom,

I highly recommend the Nexus 4, which is about 230 pounds unlocked.  You get
the Google experience without any skinning.  Skinning is where manufacturers
put their own style of home screens on them.

Android is so customisable that they can whereas with the iPhone, you can't.
It's the one style home screen.  This is a good and a bad thing.  There are
some home screens for Android that are really good like Nova Launcher, so if
you don't like the stock experience you can change it.  But the bad part is
manufacturers take advantage of that, and often remove the stock launcher.
Their own home screens are sometimes less accessible.

This is why I recommend pure Google.

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage