[BCAB] Moving from one iPhone to another

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Tue May 21 13:26:05 BST 2013

Yep chris's approach is the simplest :)
If you don't use iCloud , this one off occasion should break that trend!
If you'd still do it via iTunes then follow these:

Connect old iPhone to iTunes .
Right click the device name on the left hand pain, under devices.
Select create back up.
Either back up to your existing old back up, or create a new one!
Follow the instructions to select the options, & ok  them!
Wait for iTunes to back up, & eject the device when this is finished!
Now connect the new device!
At the setup it'll prompt to either set up as a new device, or restore from back up- select restore from backup!
Select the backup of the old phone you just did earlier.
Follow the process & wait for back up to finish.
Done :)

This process takes 30-50 mins roughly! It's a lot more private then iCloud , but this may be an important issue for you!

HTH
Muzz
Sent from my iPhone