[BCAB] Battery on Year Old HP Laptop Failing After About 30Minutes

Roger Woolgrove rawoolgrove at gmail.com
Thu May 30 23:51:12 BST 2013

Hi Ger,

As Ibrahim wrote, batteries where considered as consumables usually do not
come under warranty.  However, if your product was warrantied for 12 months,
the battery should be included in that warranty.  Even if a product is past
its warranty, if the duration is not too long after, the supplier is still
required to prove your misuse for a failure of the product.  As we are quite
well past even that time, you may still be able to utilise the warranty if
you can prove that you have folowed the operational instructions as supplied
with the product.  Cannot recall where I found this out, maybe You and Yours
on BBC Radio 4.
The laws regarding warranties are usually not fully considered in the terms
of any warranty but you do have certain rights.  Contacting the appropriate
government department, consumer trading maybe, they could better inform you.
As a note, if you have a battery device, best not to use the device while
charging and if you intend to use the device for prolonged periods then
remove the battery and plug it into the mains.
Only charge batteries from as flat as possible and always charge them for
the prescribed time to fill them and not overfill the charge even though you
cannot.
These practises will generally keep batteries lasting longer.

Roger