[BCAB] mobile phone forums

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Wed Apr 2 19:19:51 BST 2014

thanks Richard.

I have a friend using 3 and it works quite well in my flat.  I wouldn't
touch EE with a barge poll and O2 doesn't work that well in my flat so it's
voda or 3.

Voda run their own network and there is surely no feasible excuse for them
not matching providers like Car Phone Warehouse unless they can demonstrate
the fact that they run a better service.  I've tried twice now to get Voda
to justify themselves and once with o2 on behalf of a friend.  It simply
doesn't make sense for a reseller to be able to undercut the original seller
of the network unless there are some clear differences.  For example, does
the carphone warehouse still use vodafone staff if you ring up with a
problem?  If not, is the service as good?

I have 3 weeks before my contract is up so i'll do my best to find out.  One
thing I am unclear on is the warrantee  on the phone.  Will providers like
Vodafone repair faults on the phone for free throughout the life of the
contract or do you just get the statutory 9 months warrantee on the IPhone?
I think that Carphone Warehouse want you to take out insurance for a
staggering £14 a month.  You shouldn't need this as you should be protected
against defects under EU law to if it's  not damage due to the user so it's
all a bit of a minefield.

Cheers

Graham