[BCAB] Problems with mew HP Pavillion and Windows 8

Roger Woolgrove rawoolgrove at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:51:46 BST 2014

Hi all,

Just got a new machine, HP Pavillion running Windows 8.
Installed Jaws 15 eventually and things kind of worked and whilst trying to learn how to use it, the whole thing went silent as in muted.

I googled the issue and several things.

F11 is apparently the mute key and I haven't touched this except to try and unmute it.
Volume was set to full.
Solutions suggest from Windows 7 going to control panel and fiddling with drivers - do not know how this works in Windows 8.
Another suggestion says to remove the battery yet the battery is sealed inside the unit.

Anyone know how to make this problem go away other than taking it back and getting my cash back.

Cheers

Roger