[BCAB] access to work?

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Sun Feb 2 17:47:01 GMT 2014

the kind of access required is a addaptations to premises assessment.  on
the one hand, your worker needs this  door in order to do her work
independently.  on the other hand, it's a disability forum and, if any
organisation should be up to scratch a disability forum should be.  These
automatic doors are however quite expensive to fit.

These days, assessors do not actually comment on funding requirements.  the
referring officer makes this desicion.  It's definitely worth asking for an
assessment therefore.  you've nothing to lose and hopefully you'll get a
good chunk of the funding.

Regards

Graham