[BCAB] Saving emails as text only, Outlook 2010

David W Wood david.g3yxx at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 6 11:22:36 GMT 2014

Phil

Try saving with the file open?

ATB

David W Wood

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Agent Orange
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 11:03 AM
To: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: [BCAB] Saving emails as text only, Outlook 2010

Running Outlook 2010 in Win 7, and using JFW.  When saving an email from my
Inbox or other folder, I go to the File ribbon, and choose the Save As
option (Alt F, followed by A).   if I tab once I find that the default 'save
as type' format is "Outlook Message Format Unicode *.MSG".  Is it possible
to change this so that the default is "Text Only *.txt"?  Been through the
options and can't find a setting anywhere.  Nor does Outlook seem to
remember my selection between sessions.

Thanks

Phil