[BCAB] NVDA saying unknown everywhere in Windows8

Barry Toner barry.toner at bcab.org.uk
Tue Feb 11 20:32:33 GMT 2014

Hi,

I've rolled back back the intel graphics driver but this made no difference.  Here's the log file from NVDA, just a standard install, no plugins, additional voices etc.  Only warning about JAVA Access Bridge not being installed, which is fine.

INFO - __main__ (20:30:04):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (20:30:04):
Config dir: C:\Users\Barry Toner\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - core.main (20:30:04):
NVDA version 2013.3
INFO - core.main (20:30:04):
Using Windows version sys.getwindowsversion(major=6, minor=2, build=9200, platform=2, service_pack='')
INFO - core.main (20:30:04):
Using Python version 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:43:36) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (20:30:04):
Using comtypes version 0.6.2
INFO - synthDrivers.espeak.SynthDriver.__init__ (20:30:05):
Using eSpeak version 1.47.11  03.May.13
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (20:30:05):
Loaded synthDriver espeak
INFO - core.main (20:30:05):
Using wx version 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
INFO - braille.initialize (20:30:05):
Using liblouis version 2.5.3
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (20:30:05):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (20:30:05):
Braille input initialized
WARNING - core.main (20:30:05):
Java Access Bridge not available
INFO - core.main (20:30:05):
NVDA initialized
INFO - config.ConfigManager.save (20:30:08):
Base configuration saved