[BCAB] discovering what kind of card slot memory to use

roadster roadster.mgb064 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 08:53:45 GMT 2014

Hi

Thanks for that, very useful

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of M Lakhani
Sent: 15 February 2014 01:16
To: BCAB Discussion List
Cc: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: Re: [BCAB] discovering what kind of card slot memory to use

Well some do come with adopters. Not all machines have SD slots. Also, micro
SD cards can't fit into larger SD card slots. I'm not sure what kind of
cards are sent with adopters, but either of these seems like a reason. On my
mac, a bit of the card does stick out due to the design of the slot. Most
phones & portable devices, do have a covered SD card slot, but looking under
the slot cover, a wee bit of the card is always out. If you have a covered
slot, the card will be covered away from the exposure you're mentioning. Oh
& if you do have a micro SD card reader in your PC, then just ignore the
adopter. For completeness, the letters & numbers on the cards, like sdhc,
sdc, sdxc etc refer to card speeds & data transfer rates. Micro SD is what's
normally found on phones .
HTH
Muzz

Sent from my iPhone