[BCAB] Creating an HD backup on the Mac before performing a clean install

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 21 13:07:43 GMT 2014

How about TimeMachine Jackie?
1. Go to Applications (cmd+shift+a)
2. Find TimeMachine & launch it
3. If it isn't set, just follow the instructions & set up your drive that you want as your backup
4. Create a a backup
5. Done

Any reasons why you want to do a clean install of your Mac? MacOS installation & upgrade is straightforward & simple, & I've carried them out without losing anything since 10.6 !
1. Launch disk utility from your applications
2. Select MacintoshHD & verify disk permissions & repair them if needed (it's only 2 buttons that need clicking
3. If there are serious issues, verify & repair disk (again only 2 buttons)
4. Empty trash & then in disk utility, erase free space so that your drive becomes clean (the whole process works with VO!)

Now you're ready to upgrade.
HTH
Muzz
Sent from my iPhone