[BCAB] Document Scanning

Agent Orange agentorange at talktalk.net
Fri Feb 21 13:32:27 GMT 2014

On the subject of high speed double sided document scanning, I recently
purchased a Cannon DR-C125 A4 Document Scanner.  This scanner scans double
sided at the rate of 25 pages (or 50 sides) per minute - faster than any
camera based system is likely to be.  It's not a flat bed, so it will not
scan books, unless, like David, you cut out or take photocopies of the
pages, as it scans from an ADF.

Unlike other Cannon scanners previously discussed on this list, I have found
that the driver settings dialogue box is completely accessible using JFW -
it is a standard Windows dialogue box employing standard Windows controls
like buttons and combo boxes.  If you are scanning via third party software
such as Abbyy Fine Reader 11, you can use the Cannon driver interface to
make settings adjustments with no problem at all.

The scanning software bundled with the scanner itself, called Capture On
Touch, is not particularly accessible with JFW, but it is just about usable
with a bit of fiddling with the JAWS cursor, though I could not recommend
this.  You would do better with Abbyy Fine Reader 11.

As George says, double sided scanners do not come cheap, but this one is
rather good value in my opinion.  Currently available from Amazon at just
under £370.

Anyone wants more info let me know.

Phil

is available from