[BCAB] android 4.4: is mobile accessibility from code factory still a viable option?

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 24 10:14:28 GMT 2014

I personally am not a huge fan of the CodeFactory alternative. It's straightforward to install, has a set of accessible apps like an email & sms client & a whereAm I feature, & it does also have a trial on playStore which you can use for 30days. I found it really restrictive  when trying to download anything at all from playStore. Its web browsing is slow & buggy on multimedia rich sites, & its explorer actually leaves a massive security vulnerability for novice users by allowing unprotected root access to the device without even a warning. Also, it was difficult to access my device settings & other apps/folders & it was still using Talkback for operations rather than modifying or building on the API.
I got rid of it in 3days.
I suggest that you stick with Talkback on the default launcher.
HTH
Muzz .

Sent from my iPhone