[BCAB] ebooks and reading software

Joe Paton joe at vi-ability.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 15:12:42 GMT 2014

Good afternoon,

Just been looking at the ebooks.com site, and considering purchasing a
couple of titles.

Not wanting to use a sony reader, nook reader or Ipad, the other choice
is adobe digital audition.

one of The titles I want in .pdf format, is protected, or encrypted
can't recall which it is, but one or the other that's for sure.

Question is, Must these books that are in protected or encrypted formats
be read using adobe audition? or, can these titles be read in the
traditional adobe reader? or, must I by the book, then breech copywright
laws and scan it in to the old computer?

Seems to me that there are too many formats needing consideration, then
of course, not all titles you may want would necessarily be available in
the chosen format you've just bought a device for, so you gotta go and
buy another piece of software or another device.  All i really wan to do
is read a book of my choosing.  Doesn't get any more difficult than this
does it? Then there's audible.  I'll say no more.

With thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Paton <joe at vi-ability.demon.co.uk>