[BCAB] audible alternative for audio books?

Ibrahim Gucukoglu ibrahim_gucukoglu at sent.com
Thu May 1 22:03:15 BST 2014

Hi Mo.

OK, lets tackle your issues one at a time *smile*.

A little while ago, Audible started using your Amazon account as a login.
You need to merge your Audible account with your Amazon account in order to
access your titles, I believe that when you next try logging in to your
Audible account you will be asked to merge your account details with your
Amazon account.  Audible will have a record and download history for your
titles, if you have any of the original account details like an email
address used with your Audible account then customer services should be able
to help you, their telephone number is 0800 496 2455.

I have used a tool for conversion called Macsome Audio Book Convertor which
isn't bad, it uses iTunes to directly digitally dub your Audible books at 5X
speed though it does have a bad habit of curtailing audio book conversions
if you try to cue too many books for conversion, I have needlessly to say
reported this to the developers but I haven't seen major improvement in
subsequent releases with getting this issue fixed.  Alternatives are Sound
Taxi and Tune byte though I personally use Macsome.

Finally, there is no real alternative to Audible, they've got the market
pretty much tied up.  There are a handful of independent companies like Big
Finish productions, but they only sell their own titles.

All the best, Ibrahim.