[BCAB] MS WORD 2010 PROBLEM

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Tue May 6 17:26:07 BST 2014

I am a bit baffled as I cannot replicate your issue.

I just went to check it out in Word 2010.

I typed this is a test and highlighted it. I then press control and then alt
and the 1 on the number row.
Word applied  the Heading 1 style and Jaws announced this heading style when
I read the line as normal. I have been using this as a technique for
managing chapters and heading for years since Word 2003 and the basic
functionality appears unchanged now. I have never come across your problem.

As a thought , are you pressing the alt key before pressing the control key
by any chance? I think this would trigger a focus to the menu bar if you are
doing this.

David Griffith