[BCAB] advice wanted: which mobile network to switch to?

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 18:37:12 BST 2014

Well you seem like a competent & tech savvy individual Mo, & a network like GifGaf would have been my first suggestion simply because of the great Sim only deals & the community of people online, so that you're bypassing any form of customer service altogether! Unfortunately they rely on O2 for bandwidth & coverage so if your area has poor O2 signal, this would be a poor choice.
I'm fairly satisfied with 3 for my data! I get good speeds wherever the other networks have poor coverage, like Devon, West Wales, parts of East Anglia & Pockets of Yorkshire & Humberside! Léonie has also made an invaluable point about support & costs when travelling abroad & this is great for anything business or holiday related! Their one plan also gives fantastic tethering on the go, & they do have 4G at no extra cost if that matters to you at all!

EE are massive on 4G, & their deals have come down a lot lately! You also get their 2for1 cinema deals. It's the only network I've experienced in the UK which provides a good data connection in the more obscure regions! But Ibrahim has a very valid point about the pay as you go deals being costly!
As far as Vodafone goes, they do have some good deals, plus plenty of extras. They offer 10% student discounts on line rentals. You also get some BT hotspot wifi data & I even managed to get a booster for my house for no charge from them on grounds of safety!
Whatever you choose to get, remember to  account for coverage, price, customer care & extras into the equation ! The uSwitch website has a ton of articles that will help with your choice!
Good luck :)

Muzz

Sent from my iPhone