[BCAB] Biting the bullet.

M Lakhani muzz.lakhani at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 04:42:30 BST 2014

Ahh I misunderstood what app you were asking directions for Eleanor ! I thought you wanted to start with Louis so again my apologies :) !
Ok back to Remote mouse then:
Well I've tried it on a personal network & yep it does work!
The app, by default, creates an icon in the status bar just beside accessibility in my case.
Selecting this brings up the context menu. You can download the remote mouse server on your mac via the App Store .
1. Download the remote mouse app on your iPhone
2. Download the remote mouse server from the Mac App Store
3. In the system preferences, make sure you have granted permission for other devices to connect to your computer
4. Launch the app
5. Set the password if you're connecting to your network the ability to pair with your mac - your wifi password
6. Launch the app on your phone
7. Once your device is connected, proceed to trying the new iOS trackpad

A word of warning: it's tricky to uninstall the app. To uninstall :
1. Close all apps
2. Restart your mac
3. On finder, cmd+shift+a for applications
4. Cmd+backspace to delete
If you want to delete the app from your mac, make sure it's the first thing you do post restart, or it will complain!
I didn't find the app that inaccessible that much!
Personally I'm very  comfortable using my trackpad on both my macs since the beginning but since your question was cost related & since people deserve a good working setup, I thought I try it out! :)
HTH
Muzz

Sent from my iPhone