[BCAB] Braille key caps

Alan Booth a.t.booth at btinternet.com
Sat May 10 16:18:23 BST 2014

Hi Les

You can buy "bump ons" from the RNIB and other societies which come in
different sizes and then just put them where you want them.



-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of
lsmithso at hare.demon.co.uk
Sent: 10 May 2014 15:56
To: bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk
Subject: [BCAB] Braille key caps


I am the world's worst typist. To help me find my way around the keyboard
I've had my wife stick some little bits of masking tape on certain keys that
I use the most. This works fine but after a little while they come unstuck.
Is there a better alternative (other than learning to touch type)?

I've found some self-adhesive braille key labels , but these are only
available from the US and cost $20.
I'm aware of the dimples on the f and j keys, but I need more keys than
those, and on some keyboards they're barely discernable

Les Smithson

To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
please visit our website:

To manage your subscription to the BCAB mailing list, please visit our

To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email
moderator at bcab.org.uk.

More information about the Bcab mailing list