[BCAB] iPlayer out of preview

Henny Swan henny.swan at bbc.co.uk
Tue May 13 07:52:40 BST 2014

Hi All,

Just a heads up that the web based version of iPlayer is out of preview today. This means that the old site is replaced with a new site at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer. Key changes are:

  *   An updated structure
  *   Improvements to the media player  http://www.bbc.co.uk/faqs/online/mp_accessibility_help
  *   Radio separated into it's own site
  *   The addition of recently watched content to home pages and collections

We have worked hard to make it accessible (see http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/posts/Making-the-new-iPlayer-accessible-for-all-users) however I know that it is a change from the familiar. We have a lot more plans in making it more usable for all users so if you have any feedback do let me know at accessibilityteam at bbc.co.uk. I am very interested in what features you would like to see added or improved on so that we can deliver a more targeted experience for you.

Kind regards, Henny

http://www.bbc.co.uk