[BCAB] Windows 7 system images

Barry Toner barry.toner at bcab.org.uk
Tue May 13 11:33:04 BST 2014

Hi,

Please put my name down and email

Barry.toner at bcab.org.uk to test the Linux system.

Thanks,
Barry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: 13 May 2014 11:31
To: tink at tink.co.uk; BCAB Discussion List
Subject: Re: [BCAB] Windows 7 system images

Helo.

the windows7 backup and restore process is pretty simple to actually create your image. go to start and type restore in the search box. press enter on backup and restore. tab to create a system image and follow the wizard. also, its worth creating a system restore disk which you will need a standard CDR disk for. this allows you to boot from CD to restore the system. this isn't accessible at all with speech which is the major drawback. i have been working on a system to restore images from linux using a graphical interface which is fully speech based. if enough people are interested i will be able to produce text and audio guides on how to backup your image and restore it without any sighted help. if people could provide feedback on list and put their name down for testing so to speak, i can get a team of people together to test it.
your computer will need to boot from CD, and you will need to be willing to use the linux operating system and your common sense as options are displayed.

all the best,

Mo.