[BCAB] Windows 7 system images

Agent Orange agentorange at talktalk.net
Tue May 13 12:03:54 BST 2014

Hi mo,

Yes that is correct.  I use a Linux Boot CD which boots into a Linux live
version of Image for Windows.  From there it is possible to perform the
restoration.  However, as you say, there is no speech support at this point.
The only way to achieve it is to memorise (or more likely, write down) the
key sequence for performing the task, or get sighted assistance to do it.

Someone has created a live windows recovery CD with NVDA speech support, but
this only enables a completely fresh reinstallation of the OS rather than
the restoration of your own image.  It uses something based on Bart PE with
NVDA built in.  I imagine that's the sort of thing you might be using.

I'd be happy to test out your backup and recovery Live environment using an
older XP machine rather than my current Win 7 machine.  If that's any good
to you, put me down.

Phil