[BCAB] Windows 7 system images

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Tue May 13 12:14:28 BST 2014

Hi Léonie,

If you take an image of your hard drive, and then restore that image, even to a brand new machine or hard drive, you will only be copying back any existing problems.

By all means create an image as a fall back, but at the end of the day, it is much, much better to take one, or better still two, backup of your files, then totally reformat the drive.  Add any additional memory as well if you wish.

You will then have to re-install all your applications, and lastly all your backed up files.

It's not a quick job, but is by far the best way to restore a system in such a way that it should give you much longer before you might need to repeat the process.

All the best,

George.