[BCAB] ANOTHER BRAILLE INPUT APP

Ian Macrae ian.macrae at disabilitynow.org.uk
Tue May 20 10:57:33 BST 2014

News has reached me via Geoff Adams-Spink's twitter feed of another Braille input app that's been developed for IOS.  all I can say is I wish people would stop re-inventing the wheel.  This one is called Perkinput and there's good news and bad news.  The good news is that it's free.  The bad news is that its Braille input seems to me to be incredibly clumsy.  It's used one-handed.  for each letter you enter the dots on the left hand side of the cell followed by those on the right and then double tap to confirm.  So for the letter N, for instance, you'd touch dots 1 and 3 on the left followed by dots 4 and 5 and a double tap.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
www.disabilitynow.org.uk<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/>