[BCAB] WINDOWS 7 AND OUTLOOK 2007

Richard Bartholomew richard_bartholomew at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 20 22:33:45 BST 2014

Hi,

Today, I renamed my user account on my laptop via the User Account area and,
as suggested by Microsoft, created a new account with admin rights so that I
could log on using it and rename the path in c:\users\ to the new one and,
then, edit the profileimagepath in the registry.  So far, so good and when I
rebooted into the newly-named account, all is working fine apart from
Outlook 2007.

After the reboot and on launching Outlook for the first time, I was told
that it couldn't find my .pst file which was quite reasonable since I had
changed the path.  I amended the path in Outlook and restarted it and that's
where the funny has begun!  I now get two instances of Outlook running
simultaneously.

They are identical copies of each other, eg all the entries in the inbox are
in both copies!  There must be another setting/path somewhere which I need
to change but can't find it.

Does anyone have any ideas, please - to date, Google hasn't come up with
anything!

Thanks in frustration.
Richard Bartholomew