[BCAB] Query on the Cloud systems

Mobeen Iqbal mobeeniqbal at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:06:37 BST 2014

hi bernard.

there are various cloud storage services, but the problem you're going
to have is your internet connection. when you backup a file to the
cloud, it is copied to a server over the internet. servers are located
all around the world, but if you don't have a really fast internet
connection and i mean really fast, then it will take ages to backup a
lot of files 250GB or more for example. the cloud is used to
automatically backup files as you're copying them. however, some people
do not use the cloud because of privacy concerns they are not sure who's
viewing their data etc, and especially with the recent hacking in the
media nothing's secure it seems. you have no real proof despite what the
companies will tell you where your data's stored or who can view it, so
i wouldn't store anything highly sensative on there. i would either have
a central server in your house which runs software to automatically
backup your machines, or just buy a larger drive from somewhere like
argos. they've got loads on offer that's the quickest way...

cheers,

Mo.