[BCAB] twitter help required on behalf of my wife please.

Alexander Shannon alexander.shannon at btinternet.com
Thu May 22 15:58:18 BST 2014

Hi Léonie,

Thank you for your help and I apologise if I repeat in this message anything
I've already explained, but in view of your very helpful reply I feel it
necessary to explain the issue in as much detail as I can in order that
yourself or any other list members who can help have all the facts to hand.

The whole issue started when my wife received a tweet from the Queens Park
Rangers Football club twitter account.  She didn't want to follow that
particular account so replied to that text with the word stop when she
should have replied with a slightly different message in order to stop the
tweets.

The effect of the text my wife sent was, as I've already explained, to
completely stop her original twitter account and when she tried to re-start
her account she received a username she didn't want which we can't seem to
change.

After looking at the details in the link you very kindly provided, I am
thinking it might be worth trying to deactivate the account my wife doesn't
want and only suspend her original account, if this action is possible.
Failing that, I believe we would have to deactivate both accounts and then
wait 30 days before my wife can re-join twitter.

This prompts a quick question.  Am I correct in what I have said in the
paragraph above, or can we stop the newer account and username and
reactivate the older account since there has been a period of inactivity on
that account?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Alexander Shannon