[BCAB] A strong tip for OpenOffice users

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Sun May 25 11:36:35 BST 2014

I tried it  about 6 weeks ago and it worked pretty well with NVDA though at
that stage I would still say that it was a work in progress. For example in
Writer it was possible to create tables but NVDA would not announce the cell
until you entered content into it.
This may have been improved since then.
Still for basic document editing Writer was  perfectly usable and the spell
check was good.

I personally found NVDA worked better than Jaws, especially in the menu
dialogue boxes.

David Griffith