[BCAB] Review of tablets for Blind Users

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Tue May 27 13:25:50 BST 2014

As I have taken the plunge and purchased  a Nexus 7 tablet I have been
researching usability on the test.

I was interested to find the following page which tested blind users with
iPad, Nexus and Windows tablet.

They conclude that the iPad is still the clear winner in ease of access for
blind users with Nexus second  and Windows trailing.

I will feedback my  own conclusions over the next few weeks. I know that
Android will be a learning curve so am bracing myself for that. I am hoping
though it will be worth it for the more open architecture. I have found that
for example the Sendspace app is apparently a fully accessible and available
option for the Nexus whilst on iOS it seems I have to jailbreak my iPhone to
get similar functionality.

Anyway the review to the research is
http://www.incobs.de/tests-english/items/tablettest-blind-en-overview.html
Regards