[BCAB] Google Nexus 7 Day 1 Initial Impressions

Dave dave_maydew at btinternet.com
Fri May 30 01:07:19 BST 2014

Hi David and others,
One thing to note about all Nexus devices, is that they're originally
developed for developers of the Android OS, and thus only uses pure
Android, so those who are used to device such as Samsung Phones and
Tablets, will find a difference straight away, especially with the
screen layout, as Samsung uses their own TouchWiz User Interface.
If you're thinking of going for a Tablet PC, take it from me, for the
blind community, either the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, or the new Tab 3, as
Samsung for some reason do a better job.

I own the Nexus 4 phone, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and even with my
little bit of sight, I know which one is easier to use from the word go!
Yes, if you're coming from the iOS, there is a slight learning curve,
more with the Nexus devices, but overall it's not too hard.

I much prefer Android over iOS, but that's the "Open Source Hippy" side
of me talking, and as for apps, don't expect ones like TapTapSee or the
others you're used to on Apple Devices, but there are lots of other
alternatives out there.

Hope this also helps clear up some of the differences between Nexus and
other devices?

Dave

      "Message Sent using a Intel Core i5 powered by Linux!"