[BCAB] RNIB technology products and services

Jackie Brown thebrownsplace at btinternet.com
Fri May 30 10:44:18 BST 2014

Hi Alan

You mention the Talking Newspaper and Magazine service.  This, for us, has
become a real disappointment.  It is a pity that TNAUK as it was is now
defunct.  Not only has the Email service been suspended for those who rely
on it, but some publications are disappearing too.  Martin likes Which?
Gardening, but RNIB have told him that there is no longer any demand for it.
I would love to know on what information they base this decision as there
are plenty of people with little or no sight who love gardening as a hobby.

Come the end of our subscription for this year, we may well not renew in
protest to the changes that, for us anyway, have made the service worse.  I
know there are more formats to download, but you seem to have to go through
hoops to get them.

What with that and the revamped shop website, it leaves me wondering just
who benefits from these changes?  Watch out talking books!!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate