[BCAB] RNIB technology products and services

Kevin Russell kevin_russell at uk.ibm.com
Fri May 30 11:22:34 BST 2014

Hi Jackie

I too am seriously thinking of not renewing my subscription.  They have
discontinued the Linux magazine for the same reason as Gardening Which.  A
shambles!

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Russell
CICS Test
IBM UK Ltd
MP 102 Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
United Kingdom.  SO21 2JN
Tel: +44  1962 815531
(internal 245531)
Internet: kevin_russell at uk.ibm.com

From:   "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace at btinternet.com>
To:     "'BCAB Discussion List'" <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>,
Date:   30/05/2014 10:44
Subject:        Re: [BCAB] RNIB technology products and services
Sent by:        "Bcab" <bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk>

Hi Alan

You mention the Talking Newspaper and Magazine service.  This, for us, has
become a real disappointment.  It is a pity that TNAUK as it was is now
defunct.  Not only has the Email service been suspended for those who rely
on it, but some publications are disappearing too.  Martin likes Which?
Gardening, but RNIB have told him that there is no longer any demand for
it.
I would love to know on what information they base this decision as there
are plenty of people with little or no sight who love gardening as a
hobby.

Come the end of our subscription for this year, we may well not renew in
protest to the changes that, for us anyway, have made the service worse. I
know there are more formats to download, but you seem to have to go
through
hoops to get them.

What with that and the revamped shop website, it leaves me wondering just
who benefits from these changes?  Watch out talking books!!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate