[BCAB] the knfb

john gallagher john at pianotuner.plus.com
Tue Sep 23 11:04:44 BST 2014

hi all,

well i have just done a test reading my fritz chess mannual on the knfb and also on my eye pal solo. now this mannual is a very shiny thing and has come out with the iphone scan just the same as the eye pal the big difference is speed. on the eye pal it took eight seconds to start reading the book. now with the iphone i did the scan and after one second it was reading the text. of course a lot depends on where you have the phone placed. again it is hard doing these tests but all i can say is for an app at £70 and a program at £1450 there is no diference with the accuracy of both scans. in fact i am suprised at the standard of the knfb reader. now i have the option to save the doc and when i go back to the knfb i go to file explorer and find the file then i can read it again. i am just going to see if i can export the doc like to the voice dream reader or dropbox or something but i am not sure if this is an option yet. so to richards question i just scaned one page at a time with the iphone but if i put the phone higher it will do the too pages but not quite as accurate. now for me this knfb is damn accurate very accurate indeed. so for doing the post or out somewhere this is a massive plus for reading. cheers now.