[BCAB] explain microsoft oneDrive

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 13:18:11 BST 2016

Hi Tom,

Let me try to explain.

The basic concept is to allow you to share files across devices.

In my case for example, I might be working on a large document at the office on my HP desktop.  But I might also later want to work on that same document in the evening at home on my laptop. Next day, I'm back in the office and want to continue on my desktop.  When I open from OneDrive, there's my updated file.

To be honest, I'm not a great fan of this nut for other technical reasons I'll not bore you with.

It's simply "horses for courses".

George.