[BCAB] Fantastic new concept device for extending your WiFi!

Vic Pereira vic.pereira at virn.ca
Tue Aug 2 21:32:36 BST 2016

This appears to be an interesting concept. I assume the $49 price tag per
pod is in U. S. funds. One thing to remember is that the bottleneck will be
the ISP. The upload and download speeds will not change.

Another item to consider is an access point. I recently set up a Ubiquiti
Access Point and the interface through the browser is accessible to text to
speech software: Window-Eyes in my case.

In the lab they claim 150 to 200 metres, but of course going through walls
and floors will have an impact on things.

If trying to cover multiple rooms and spaces a Ubiquiti AP might be more
economical since one unit is less than $200 U.S. It does require an Ethernet
cable, because it uses power over Ethernet (POE).

Vic