[BCAB] Notetaker Opinions

Adrian Picton adrian.picton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 22:36:32 BST 2016

Hi,

What no-one has mentioned in this discussion is that if all you want is a very basic notetaker which will save in .brl, .brf and .txt formats and also have the ability to connect via Bluetooth or USB to computers and smartphones then something like the Esys 12 touch or the Seika Mini might be fine. These both retail for around £900 ex VAT. I believe there is also something similar available from Perkins but it's not available on the RNIB website.

Also the Orbit will be less than half that price when it comes out and also has the ability to store files in these formats on an SD card, the only draw back being it doesn't have cursor routing keys if they are important to you.

Adrian.