[BCAB] Edge accessibility support for HTML5

Léonie Watson tink at tink.uk
Wed Aug 3 09:26:28 BST 2016

Adrian, the short answer is that yes, websites built using older
versions of HTML should also be fully supported in Edge. HTML adds new
features with each new version, and only much more rarely takes features
away. Some features of HTML5 date back to the very first version of HTML.

I don't know whether Narrator gives 100% access to Edge, but it is the
only screen reader with anything like real support, yes. NVDA has some
support, but I don't know how extensive it is. None of the other screen
readers Jaws, Window Eyes, Supernova etc. has any support that I know of
yet.

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem