[BCAB] Intro and a Question

mark pemberton m.pemberton59 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 4 10:01:41 BST 2016

Hi and thanks David,

Since my post I have partly fixed the problem by changing the sound card
settings from surround to stereo.  SpeakOn is now working and I can
listen to CD's that way.

When I followed your steps and tried to play an MP3 file I got this:

Windows Media player dialogue, the selected file has an extension .snil
that is not recognized by windows media player but the player may still
be able to play it because the extension is unknown by the player.  You
should be sure that the file comes from a trustworthy source.  Do you
want the player to play this content?  Unfortunately yes doesn't do
anything.

I tried going to the system volume control panel, as suggested, but
Windows Media player was not there.You said that if this application is
not passing audio to the OS which will also be a clue. so I'm hoping you
may have an idea as I'm a bit lost!

Thanks again

Mark