[BCAB] Intro and a Question

Joe Paton joe at vi-ability.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 10:26:27 BST 2016

Hi mark,

If I may add something to this discussion, a .smil file,
synchronized multi-media integration Language,
is often found in daisy audio books.

It's not a pure audio file.
there is information at the other end of this wikipedia link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronized_Multimedia_Integration_Language

It would help you to know the extentions of the files you are working with.

By default this is turned off, in most versions of windows. I can't recall if it was turned on in windows 3.11, but certainly from windows 95 it is off.

If you are running windows 7 or 8, in the search box, type "show file extentions"
then in tat dialogue, you can effect the change.

This won't apply if you are using a mac or something similar.

Best of luck and happy listening
,

JP

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 10:01:41 +0100