[BCAB] Extremely frustrated! error 500 when using WD sync on nas can anyone help?

Mobeen Iqbal mobeeniqbal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:00:20 BST 2016

Hello Everyone.

I have just purchased a western digital nas, model EX2Ultra. I'm liking
it in terms of accessibility so far but can't for the life of me get
cloud sync to work to sync folders over my local lan which is my primary
reason for the purchase. I've enabled cloud access on the device and
made sure my user has cloud access enabled. I have not signed up for a
my cloud account because every time I click sign up and enter my email
and click save, I don't receive any emails from western digital. Do I
need to sign up for an online account to use cloud storage? surely I
shouldn't need to sign up to use it via a lan? When I install WD sync,
the device is detected. I'm prompted to log in and the log in
information is accepted. I then get the option to sync folders and by
default, my user profile folders are checked. I click continue and at
that point, I get the following error.

wd sync The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Which doesn't tell me anything. Here's what I've done so far.

* soft and hard restarted the device multiple times.
* reset the device to factory defaults using a full reset.
* Tried to contact western digital. I've received 2 confirmation emails
which tell me to send them system logs and that the case is open, but no
reply from them so far.
* Tried adding other user accounts, same error.
* Tried installing on another machine on the same lan, same error.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and why the server would be
throwing an error 500? It doesn't really tell anyone anything. The
dashboard is working fine.

all the best,

Mo.