[BCAB] Amedia Live

Mobeen Iqbal mobeeniqbal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:33:38 BST 2016

Hi Richard.

I sent the following off list. To be honest, I've found with this app
its best to practice. It can depend on lighting conditions, and it doesn't
help that the help file isn't very good. I found that by holding it
about 10 inches above an A4 sheet I achieved some useful results to the
point where
I could tell what the title and first few lines of the sheet were. As I
moved the phone across the page, more parts of the page were read out.
As Sean
says, this app is very useful for skim reading or if you want to know
what a tin or item is, or what a sign says. I would certainly give it a
chance but
I've found its hit and miss with certain items and depending on the
environment etc. I actually had similar results with KNFB. it worked
when it wanted
to when I managed to get the item in focus but that was about it. Others
however are extremely proficient at using it and think its the next best
thing
since sliced bread. Do let me know how you get on. It may also be worth
dropping Sean a note off list as well as he's a frequent user. I'd be
interested
in his comments also...

cheers,

Mo.