[BCAB] Amedia Live

christopher hallsworth challsworth2 at icloud.com
Tue Aug 9 19:06:42 BST 2016


Apple may ask this, but not to me yet. I believe so long as you apply the refund within two weeks of your purchase, you will just get it, no questions asked.
> On 9 Aug 2016, at 10:15, Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi.
> 
> It normally takes them about a week to process the refund. Apple may contact you first to ask you to justify your reason for requesting one. I must say, google is instant when they provide refunds, no questions asked.
> 
> cheers,
> 
> Mo.
> 
> On 09/08/2016 10:10, Richard Godfrey-McKay wrote:
>> Jackie, If you look at the e-mail confirming the purchase, you should have a
>> link called "report a problem".
>> 
>> If you activate the link, you should be taken to a page with a combo box on
>> it which allows you to select the reason for the problem, and there's a box
>> where you can enter other comments.  Seems straightforward enough, but
>> haven't had my refund yet!
>> 
>> Richard
>> Richard Godfrey-McKay
>> Telephone: 01738-445 880
>> Mobile: 07791 452 593
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Jackie Brown
>> Sent: 09 August 2016 09:58
>> To: 'BCAB Discussion List'
>> Subject: Re: [BCAB] Amedia Live
>> 
>> Hi Richard
>> 
>> How do you do that, please?  It is something I have never done given that
>> apps I have tried before that haven't worked are cheap enough as a rule.
>> 
>> Kind Regards,
>> 
>> Jackie Brown
>> Emails: thebrownsplace at btinternet.com
>> jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
>> jackie at thebrownsplace.info
>> Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info Read my EyeWrite blog:
>> www.thebrownsplace.info/?page_id=136
>> Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
>> Skype: thejackmate
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Richard
>> Godfrey-McKay
>> Sent: 09 August 2016 09:42
>> To: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
>> Subject: Re: [BCAB] Amedia Live
>> 
>> Yes, I've asked for a refund.  Anyone know how long they take to process
>> requests?
>> 
>> Richard
>> Richard Godfrey-McKay
>> Telephone: 01738-445 880
>> Mobile: 07791 452 593
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Jackie Brown
>> Sent: 09 August 2016 09:31
>> To: 'BCAB Discussion List'
>> Subject: [BCAB] Amedia Live
>> 
>> I bought this app last night following the various comments on and off list
>> about it.  I have to say, however, that I couldn't put hand on heart and
>> recommend it.  I appreciate it takes a lot of practice, and am prepared to
>> take that into account.  But it does a lot of beeping - which frankly drives
>> me round the bend - and does pick up text, but doesn't always read it that
>> well.  It seems to like objects rather than documentation, I find, such as
>> the washing-machine, or a computer keyboard.  It is very early days, but I'm
>> not overly impressed if I am being honest.  I turned off the beeping, but
>> unless it was me, I couldn't get much out of it when I did that.  I find I
>> can achieve much more with K-NFB Reader, but I will keep trying and see what
>> happens.  At the moment though, I find it a very irritating, time-consuming
>> process.
>> 
>> Kind Regards,
>> 
>> Jackie Brown
>> Emails: thebrownsplace at btinternet.com
>> jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
>> jackie at thebrownsplace.info
>> Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info Read my EyeWrite blog:
>> www.thebrownsplace.info/?page_id=136
>> Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
>> Skype: thejackmate
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
>> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
>> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
>> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
>> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
>> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
>> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
>> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
>> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
>> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
>> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
>> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
>> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
>> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
>> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
>> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
>> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
>> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
>> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
>> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
>> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
>> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/
> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.





More information about the Bcab mailing list